The purpose of Northside Forsyth VolunTeen program is to offer a comprehensive six week program in the health care industry to high school teens from the ages of 16-18 years of age. A teen is assigned to one department and volunteers one day a week for a four hour shift. Two Lunch and Learn events are offered to the teens during the summer session.
Teens that successfully complete the summer program by receiving a satisfactory competency from their assigned department and attended at least one Lunch and Learn event are invited to participate in our fall and spring programs. These students may reapply each year for the summer program.
Northside Hospital Forsyth Summer VolunTeen Program Information
- The VolunTeen Program is for teenagers between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age and currently enrolled in high school.
- Teens must be 16 years of age by January 1st.
- VolunTeens will be scheduled for one four hour shift (either in the morning or in the afternoon) one day a week.
- To receive full credit, the teens must volunteer the entire four hour shift and must have only one excused absence during the six week period.
- All teens accepted into our program must attend a mandatory Orientation, attendance is required for participating in this program.
- No absences will be allowed the first week of the program.
- All participants must attend at least one Lunch and Learn.
- Appropriate uniform must be worn at all times. (uniforms will be discussed at the interview and orientation).
- Applications will be available online in late January. Please return them to our office prior to the deadline.
- Only teens who have worked with us during the summer are allowed to work during the school year
For more information on our program, please contact:
Just 4 hours can change a life...maybe yours!!