Dear Prospective Volunteer,
Thank you for inquiring about the Northside Hospital Forsyth Volunteer Program. We are proud of the Volunteers here at Northside Forsyth and the services they provide. We offer volunteer opportunities in a variety of settings. If accepted into our volunteer
program, you will be joining a multitude of individuals, of all ages and backgrounds, who are dedicated to giving back to our hospital and community, as well as ensuring we achieve our vision of delivering world-class healthcare.
Volunteers play an important role in a variety of different departments and have varying responsibilities within the facility. Most volunteer openings are Monday thru Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Some opportunities exist on weekends and evenings,
although these are quite limited. Volunteers are asked to commit at least one four-hour shift each week for a minimum of one year and 100 hours.
The following steps are required to volunteer at Northside Forsyth:
- Complete the online Auxiliary Application (see link below).
- Begin studying the Volunteer & VolunTeen Handbook, located on this site because you must be knowledgeable at your orientation.
- Attend the interview that you scheduled when you completed the Auxiliary Application.
- At your in-person interview:
- a. The remaining process will be explained to determine your areas of interest for an appropriate placement and schedule volunteer orientation. (Volunteer placement will be assigned based on service needs and availability.)
- b. Select a uniform vest.
- c. Submit a non-refundable application fee which covers a background check, the uniform vest, medical clearance and pro-rated dues.
- d. The non-refundable application fee is $40.00 if under age 60 or $30.00 if age 60 or older. Cash, check, credit card and money orders are accepted (payable to Northside Forsyth Auxiliary)
- After your interview, you will be directed to Employee Health to begin the medical clearance process. This must be done prior to attending orientation. An annual (usually given beginning September) flu vaccine is also required and can be performed
by Employee Health free of charge for volunteers.
- After your interview, an email will be sent with a link requiring a Background Check. Please follow all instructions on this link. The link is time-limited and must be completed within 4 days of receipt.
- Upon receipt of your background clearance, you will be scheduled, via an email, for Volunteer Orientation (approximately 2 hours long) that is held twice a month.
- Minimum age is 18 years old.
- Must complete Orientation & departmental training.
- The auxiliary is not an internship/externship or shadowing program, nor a means to obtain a job within the hospital. We view volunteering as a long-term commitment and seek individuals who will serve for a number of years to come.
We are ready to help you through the process to become a volunteer and look forward to meeting you soon.
Again, thank you for your interest in the Northside Hospital Forsyth Volunteer Program. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions 770.844.3430 or email email@example.com.
Northside Hospital Forsyth Auxiliary
2021 Northside Hospital Forsyth Auxiliary Application
"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."